“Design must be an innovative, highly creative, cross-disciplinary tool responsive to the needs of men. It must be more research-oriented, and we must stop defiling the earth itself with poorly-designed objects and structures.” Victor Papanek
Womorrow is a Budapest based group of new wave architects, designers, builders and thinkers operating within the fields of architecture, urbanism, research and development. Womorrow’s architecture emerges out of a careful analysis of how contemporary life constantly evolves and changes. Not least due to the influence from multicultural exchange, global economical flows and communication technologies that all together require new ways of architectural and urban organization. We believe that in order to deal with today’s challenges, architecture can profitably move into a field that has been largely unexplored. A pragmatic utopian architecture that steers clear of the petrifying pragmatism of boring boxes and the naïve utopian ideas of digital formalism.
In our projects we test the effects of size and the balance of programmatic mixtures on the triple bottom line of the social, economic and ecological outcome. Like a form of programmatic alchemy we create architecture by mixing conventional ingredients such as living, leisure, working, parking and shopping. By hitting the fertile overlap between pragmatic and utopia, we architects once again find the freedom to change the surface of our planet, to better fit contemporary life forms.
Gabor Rakonczai is a new wave architect, thinker and designer, proficient in creative, artistic and technical fields. In high school years studied to designing engineer but later found his profession and passion in architecture. During his academic years of architecture founded his post-disciplinary creative intellectual atelier what called Womorrow, before that he worked for many renowned architectural studio, his intellectuality presented well his name connected projects. Gabor believes in the added value of design and re-interpretation of the traditions, the intelligent and innovative value creation and value preservation. He explores, develops and manages his projects with modern, complex thinking and sensitively, primarily on the experimental architecture, space planning and object creation, but generally exceed the limits of these fields. Today’s global processes, problems and the technological development make us to new methods and answers wording, to continuous improvement, the most important moments in his projects the conception and the creative project development, which wishes to meet analytical, artistic, socially aware, sense of place accent, innovative and sustainable responses to today’s challenges. Gabor research currently the parametric and generative design theory and methodolgy.
- Conceptualization & creative execution - Artistic design - Application design & development - 3d modelling - Digital visualization - Identity and brand development - Communication planning - Corporate identity - Product design - Media design & packaging
- Conceptualization & creative execution - Artistic design & management - Exhibition design - 3d modelling - Digital visualization
- Print design - Web design - Logo - Identity - Brand
- Architectural photography - Exterior photography - Interior photography - Illustrative photography
- Study - Concept design - Artistic design - 3d modelling - Visualization - Preliminary design - Submission - Final planning - Site supervision - Documentation
- Study - Concept design - Artistic design - 3d modelling - Visualization - Preliminary design - Submission - Final planning - Landscape planning - Town & country planning - Traffic planning - Site supervision - Documentation
- Study - Concept design - Artistic design - 3d modelling - Visualization - Preliminary design - Submission - Final planning - Furnishing - Fabric installation - Finishing's & services - Documentation
- As-built documentation - Room layout - Project study
- General planning - Project steering - Surveying - Commercial management - Technical management - Plant management planning
- Statics - Construction physics - Mechanical planning - Renewable energy planning - Building energy advisement - Lighting - Communications & media technology - Security technology - Medical technology - Co-ordination of construction work - Commercial management - Technical building management - Outdoor installations
- Facility management concept - Feasibility Study - Real estate